I've come to the point where I'd like to apply for Debian
Maintainership (DM, not [yet] DD).
I've been working with Julien Valroff <jul...@debian.org> on my first
package nautilus-image-manipulator who has agreed to advocate my
My contributions so far :
- Maintainer of 3 packages (1 of which being co-maintained with the
* 7 uploads of nautilus-image-manipulator (1 more currently in progress)
* 2 uploads of jquery-lazyload
- Done 1 NMU
- A 5th package in the works, currently searching for a mentor.
Miscellaneous stuff (a.k.a. willingness to learn and explore new things):
- Different areas of experimentation: 2 desktop applications (Python
- Use of different tools: own-maintained packages with Bazaar,
co-maintained packages with Git
- Given a Debian Packaging presentation at my local LUG , after
which I've motivated one of the participants to start making a
package, i.e. a potential new contributor to Debian. The package 
should soon be ready for presentation to potential mentors.
Upon becoming a Debian Maintainer, I plan to work with Julien to add
the DM-Upload-Allowed control field to the nautilus-image-manipulator
package, but I'd prefer to stay a bit longer in 'sponsorship mode"
regarding the other packages (i.e. jquery-lazyload as far as you're
concerned). I'll gradually add that control field to the other
packages when some more uploads have been made, or when you and I feel
that the time is right for those packages.
I know I haven't yet done a lot of work inside the JS team, but I hope
some of you would be willing to:
- Sign my key 4096R/0A2368F0 of 2011-11-23, so that I have more than
one DD that has done it . Maybe somebody already has done so when I
uploaded my first JS package (Jose Luis Rivas?)
- Maybe even advocate for my DM application !
Please get in touch with me if you want to help me out with key
signing, or even advocating for me. Thanks!
P.S.: Hmmm, I'm wondering now whether having met in person is a
prerequisite for key signing... If so, can I just meet with any Debian
developer around me, or how does this process go?