2010/5/1 Modestas Vainius <[email protected]>: > Hello, > > On šeštadienis 01 Gegužė 2010 01:06:51 Praveen A wrote: >> I have made a package and uploaded it to mentors.d.o >> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libdbusmenu-qt/ >> >> This is my first Debian package, looking for a sponsor now. Since it >> is a kdelibs dependency may be it is better to maintain it as a group. > > It is quite good for the first package yet not perfect: > > 1) Vcs-* fields in debian/control refer to packaging Vcs, not upstream Vcs. > 2) CMakeLists.txt has nothing to do with docs. Please remove it from > debian/docs. > 3) Your libdbusmenu-qt-dev.dirs and libdbusmenu-qt2.dirs are redundant. > 4) Too loose wildcard in libdbusmenu-qt2.install. When library soname changes, > you won't notice. Please make sure that soname is actually embedded in the > install file rather than covered by wildcard. > 5) Your debian/post{inst,rm} are redundant. debhelper (dh_makeshlibs) will > take care of this. > 6) Replace shlibs.local with dh_makeshlibs override (use -V to generate > necessary shlibs). shlibs.local does not do what you want here. > 7) Remove "it is example" boilerplates from debian/rules and debian/watch. > 8) Main section of the package should be libs rather than libdevel. > 9) Do not repeat the same section for the binary package if it is already > specified as a main section. > 10) qmake buildsystem support was introduced late in the debhelper 7.3 or 7.4 > cycle. Check debhelper changelog which minimum debhelper version you need to > build depend upon.
Thanks for the review. I will update the package with these changes. > As for maintainership, yeah, it would be great (since you will need > sponsoring) if this package was maintained under an umbrella of Debian Krap > Maintainers <[email protected]> and you as Uploader. You will > need to use either Git or Svn as packaging VCS. Create a new account on > alioth.debian.org (if you don't have one) and request to join pkg-kde alioth > group. You may also join us at irc://irc.debian.org/#debian-qt-kde I'm already a member of pkg-kde (pravi-guest). I have uploaded this version to krap svn. I will make the suggested changes in svn. Thanks Praveen -- പ്രവീണ് അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില് <GPLv2> I know my rights; I want my phone call! <DRM> What use is a phone call, if you are unable to speak? (as seen on /.) -- http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/pkg-kde-talk
