Hi: El Jueves, 20 de diciembre de 2012, Philip Van Hoof escribió: > Hi there, > > I'm completely new to debian packaging. So please let me know in good > detail how to improve the patch in case something is wrong. > > This patch updates kde-std/calligra.git's(1) master to Calligra upstream > version git tag in master: 3f1c80f406daa7dede9dcb8646e6cb471464e021 (2)
Thanks for the patch. It's not looking bad but I still hadn't the time to review it thouroughly. I wouldn't call it 2.5.92 version though, since it's a master snapshot. There's already a 2.5.92 version which is actually 2.6rc1. By the way, there's already an experimental branch[0] on the packaging repository targeted towards 2.6. It already coped for 2.5.91 version, and I had locally some more commits towards 2.5.92 which I've just pushed now, sorry for not making them available before. > > I started this work because I need a very recent version of calligra and > more specifically calligra-dev for one of my customer's development > needs. As we want to use FAI the idea is to do everything in Debian > packaging. And then why not also post the changes to upstream Debian? So > here you go. > To be honest I'm not fond of working with such a moving target as calligra upstream master. I was once discouraged about that and I now also support this position. master moves very fast and calligra is such a beast to build. Up to now I don't know about an incremental packaging system which may be considered for this situation. Moreover wheezy is frozen and therefore only experimental is available for packages. I thought about using experimental eventually for 2.6 since master is far beyond our nowadays calligra packaging aims. So in this situation, what I could propose you is: · If calligra 2.6 is not ready for your purposes you could study backporting those master commits needed. · If what you need is a working calligra-dev package let us know and we can work on that together. Patches are sure welcome, but I think it'd be better to stick to current experimental branch, ie calligra 2.6 This is just my opinion and packaging has also been worked by some other Qt/KDE Team members which may not agree with me. Their comments are also welcome. [0] http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-kde/kde- std/calligra.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/experimental > Kind regards, > > Philip > Regards, > > --- > 1) git://git.debian.org/pkg-kde/kde-std/calligra.git > 2) > http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=calligra.git&a=commit&h=3f1c80f406daa7dede9dcb8 > 646e6cb471464e021 -- Raúl Sánchez Siles ----->Proud Debian user<----- Linux registered user #416098
signature.asc
Description: This is a digitally signed message part.
-- http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/pkg-kde-talk
