On Friday 04 April 2014 22:59:01 Fabio Rafael da Rosa wrote: > Hi all. > I'm asking here before writting a a bug report, to check if it is 'by > design', and, if it is, why. > I just made a fresh wheezy install and choose kde as the desktop > environment from the installer. > After the first boot, I did download google-chrome from the website, and > tried to install it, without success. > I did test this, because I'll make this install to a friend, to replace > his Window XP. > I did check that, for being able to install something from the UI, with > a double click, I must install gdebi-kde. > Why is that not installed by default ?
¡Hi Fabio! Simply because to install packages you need to use a proper package manager like apt-get/aptitude/synaptics, maybe apper (haven't tested it). Installing directly from debs is highly discouraged except when you know what you are doing. But in that case you would probably use dpkg -i. By the way, chrome it's packaged in Debian as chromium, no need to download stuff from the web. Finally, this is not the list for asking such questions, next time please do not heasitate in writing to [email protected] Kinds regards, Lisandro. -- Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer http://perezmeyer.com.ar/ http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/
signature.asc
Description: This is a digitally signed message part.
-- http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/pkg-kde-talk
