Hello dear members of the pkg-multimedia team,
As a new member of this team, I would like to find a sponsor for the
I use cdbs, but I am ready to switch to debhelper 7 if we fix some
issues I had with it. (we need to build it with --enable-mt)
I'm much active on the IRC.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Alexandre Quessy <alexan...@quessy.net>
Subject: RFS: Scenic 0.6.0 - Telepresence software for live
performances and installations
I am looking for a sponsor for my package "scenic".
I would like this package to be maintained by the pkg-multimedia team.
* Package name : scenic
Version : 0.6.0-1
Upstream Authors: Tristan Matthews <tris...@sat.qc.ca>
Alexandre Quessy <alexan...@quessy.net>
Simon Piette <sim...@sat.qc.ca>
Philippe Chevry <pche...@sat.qc.ca>
Koya Charles <koya.char...@gmail.com>
Antoine Collet <antoine.col...@gmail.com>
Sylvain Cormier <studiozod...@yahoo.ca>
Etienne Desautels <etie...@teknozen.net>
Hugo Boyer <ugoma...@gmail.com>
* URL : http://svn.sat.qc.ca/trac/scenic
* License : GPL v2 or later
Copyright holder: Society for Arts and Technology
Section : net
It builds these binary packages:
scenic - Telepresence software for live performances and installations
Scenic is a free software suite for streaming audio, video and MIDI between
live events. It was created at the Society for Arts and Technology (SAT) to
give artists a powerful tool for telepresence in live arts contexts and
new media installations.
The streaming is done over RTP with the GStreamer multimedia framework.
Users can also choose low-bandwidth or high-quality codecs, depending on
what is available on their system. It offers up to as many audio channels
as your audio device supports. Scenic consists in a desktop application
and several command-line utilities:
* scenic: Desktop application to stream audio, video and MIDI over RTP
* milhouse: Streams audio and video over RTP
* midistream: Streams MIDI notes and controls over RTP
* dc-ctl: Controls connected DC IEEE 1394 cameras
* firereset: Resets a IEEE 1394 bus to help in case of problems
* jack-info: Prints informations about running JACK servers
The package appears to be lintian clean.
My motivation for maintaining this package is: I am one of the upstream
authors. I have other related packages that will be ready to upload
soon. Debian and Ubuntu are my favourite operating system. I want to
become a package maintainer and some day a Debian developer. I am
a free software enthusiast.
The package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
- URL: http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/s/scenic
- Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable
main contrib non-free
- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/s/scenic/scenic_0.5.10-2.dsc
- Page on mentors:
NOTE: The current version on mentors is 0.5.10-2, but I should release
a 0.5.11-1 soon. (see on mentors.debian.net) I want to fix issues that
the mentor might point and release the 0.6.0-1 version for uploading
it to Debian.
pkg-multimedia-maintainers mailing list