This is an automated email from the git hooks/post-receive script.
js pushed a commit to branch master
in repository librdf-trin3-perl.
Author: Jonas Smedegaard <d...@jones.dk>
Date: Fri May 30 19:03:23 2014 +0200
Update copyright info: Update coverage for CONTRIBUTING file (freeing 2k of
debian/copyright | 277 +++++--------------------------------------------------
1 file changed, 21 insertions(+), 256 deletions(-)
diff --git a/debian/copyright b/debian/copyright
index 6380eb3..8e67ec2 100644
@@ -60,15 +60,31 @@ Comment:
Mangled convenience copy of YAML::Tiny.
-Copyright: 2012, Toby Inkster <toby...@cpan.org>
+Copyright: 2012-2014, Toby Inkster <toby...@cpan.org>
+License: Artistic or GPL-1+
- HACKING.pod is licensed under the Creative Commons
- Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 UK: England & Wales License. To view a copy
- of this license, visit
+ CONTRIBUTING is available under three different licences permitting its
+ redistribution: the CC-BY-SA_UK-2.0 licence, plus the same licences as
+ Perl itself, which is distributed under the GNU General Public Licence
+ version 1, and the Artistic Licence.
+ This file is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike
+ 2.0 UK: England & Wales License. To view a copy of this license, visit
+ This file is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
+ under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself.
+ Above is from <https://gist.github.com/tobyink/fbafb504f85c833c039f>,
+ which supercedes the included CONTRIBUTING file as announced at
+ The CC-BY-SA_UK-2.0 licensing was deliberately omitted to avoid 2k of
+ unneeded legalese in this file.
Copyright: 2011-2014, Jonas Smedegaard <d...@jones.dk>
@@ -104,254 +120,3 @@ License: GPL-3+
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along
with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
- THE WORK (AS DEFINED BELOW) IS PROVIDED UNDER THE TERMS OF THIS
- CREATIVE COMMONS PUBLIC LICENCE ("CCPL" OR "LICENCE"). THE WORK IS
- PROTECTED BY COPYRIGHT AND/OR OTHER APPLICABLE LAW. ANY USE OF THE WORK
- OTHER THAN AS AUTHORIZED UNDER THIS LICENCE OR COPYRIGHT LAW IS
- PROHIBITED. BY EXERCISING ANY RIGHTS TO THE WORK PROVIDED HERE, YOU
- ACCEPT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENCE. THE LICENSOR
- GRANTS YOU THE RIGHTS CONTAINED HERE IN CONSIDERATION OF YOUR
- ACCEPTANCE OF SUCH TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
- This Creative Commons England and Wales Public Licence enables You (all
- capitalised terms defined below) to view, edit, modify, translate and
- distribute Works worldwide, under the terms of this licence, provided
- that You credit the Original Author.
- 'The Licensor' [one or more legally recognised persons or entities
- offering the Work under the terms and conditions of this Licence]
- agree as follows:
- 1. Definitions
- "Attribution" means acknowledging all the parties who have contributed
- to and have rights in the Work or Collective Work under this Licence.
- "Collective Work" means the Work in its entirety in unmodified form
- along with a number of other separate and independent works, assembled
- into a collective whole.
- "Derivative Work" means any work created by the editing, modification,
- adaptation or translation of the Work in any media (however a work that
- constitutes a Collective Work will not be considered a Derivative Work
- for the purpose of this Licence). For the avoidance of doubt, where the
- Work is a musical composition or sound recording, the synchronization
- of the Work in timed-relation with a moving image ("synching") will be
- considered a Derivative Work for the purpose of this Licence.
- "Licence" means this Creative Commons England and Wales Public Licence
- "Licence Elements" means the following high-level licence attributes
- indicated in the title of this Licence: Attribution, Share-Alike.
- "Original Author" means the individual (or entity) who created the
- "Work" means the work protected by copyright which is offered under the
- terms of this Licence.
- For the purpose of this Licence, when not inconsistent with the
- context, words in the singular number include the plural number.
- 2. Licence Terms
- 2.1 The Licensor hereby grants to You a worldwide, royalty-free,
- non-exclusive, Licence for use and for the duration of copyright in the
- You may:
- copy the Work;
- create one or more derivative Works;
- incorporate the Work into one or more Collective Works;
- copy Derivative Works or the Work as incorporated in any Collective
- Work; and
- publish, distribute, archive, perform or otherwise disseminate the Work
- or the Work as incorporated in any Collective Work, to the public in
- any material form in any media whether now known or hereafter created.
- You must not:
- impose any terms on the use to be made of the Work, the Derivative Work
- or the Work as incorporated in a Collective Work that alter or restrict
- the terms of this Licence or any rights granted under it or has the
- effect or intent of restricting the ability to exercise those rights;
- impose any digital rights management technology on the Work or the Work
- as incorporated in a Collective Work that alters or restricts the terms
- of this Licence or any rights granted under it or has the effect or
- intent of restricting the ability to exercise those rights;
- sublicense the Work;
- subject the Work to any derogatory treatment as defined in the
- Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988.
- You must:
- make reference to this Licence (by Uniform Resource Identifier (URI),
- spoken word or as appropriate to the media used) on all copies of the
- Work and Collective Works published, distributed, performed or
- otherwise disseminated or made available to the public by You;
- recognise the Licensor's / Original Author's right of attribution in
- any Work and Collective Work that You publish, distribute, perform or
- otherwise disseminate to the public and ensure that You credit the
- Licensor / Original Author as appropriate to the media used; and
- to the extent reasonably practicable, keep intact all notices that
- refer to this Licence, in particular the URI, if any, that the Licensor
- specifies to be associated with the Work, unless such URI does not
- refer to the copyright notice or licensing information for the Work.
- Additional Provisions for third parties making use of the Work
- 2.2. Further licence from the Licensor
- Each time You publish, distribute, perform or otherwise disseminate
- the Work; or
- any Derivative Work; or
- the Work as incorporated in a Collective Work
- the Licensor agrees to offer to the relevant third party making use of
- the Work (in any of the alternatives set out above) a licence to use
- the Work on the same terms and conditions as granted to You hereunder.
- 2.3. Further licence from You
- Each time You publish, distribute, perform or otherwise disseminate
- a Derivative Work; or
- a Derivative Work as incorporated in a Collective Work
- You agree to offer to the relevant third party making use of the Work
- (in either of the alternatives set out above) a licence to use the
- Derivative Work on any of the following premises:
- a licence to the Derivative Work on the same terms and conditions as
- the licence granted to You hereunder; or
- a later version of the licence granted to You hereunder; or
- any other Creative Commons licence with the same Licence Elements.
- 2.4. This Licence does not affect any rights that the User may have
- under any applicable law, including fair use, fair dealing or any other
- legally recognised limitation or exception to copyright infringement.
- 2.5. All rights not expressly granted by the Licensor are hereby
- reserved, including but not limited to, the exclusive right to collect,
- whether individually or via a licensing body, such as a collecting
- society, royalties for any use of the Work which results in commercial
- advantage or private monetary compensation.
- 3. Warranties and Disclaimer
- Except as required by law, the Work is licensed by the Licensor on an
- "as is" and "as available" basis and without any warranty of any kind,
- either express or implied.
- 4. Limit of Liability
- Subject to any liability which may not be excluded or limited by law
- the Licensor shall not be liable and hereby expressly excludes all
- liability for loss or damage howsoever and whenever caused to You.
- 5. Termination
- The rights granted to You under this Licence shall terminate
- automatically upon any breach by You of the terms of this Licence.
- Individuals or entities who have received Collective Works from You
- under this Licence, however, will not have their Licences terminated
- provided such individuals or entities remain in full compliance with
- those Licences.
- 6. General
- 6.1. The validity or enforceability of the remaining terms of this
- agreement is not affected by the holding of any provision of it to be
- invalid or unenforceable.
- 6.2. This Licence constitutes the entire Licence Agreement between the
- parties with respect to the Work licensed here. There are no
- understandings, agreements or representations with respect to the Work
- not specified here. The Licensor shall not be bound by any additional
- provisions that may appear in any communication in any form.
- 6.3. A person who is not a party to this Licence shall have no rights
- under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any
- of its terms.
- 6.4. This Licence shall be governed by the law of England and Wales and
- the parties irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the
- Courts of England and Wales.
- 7. On the role of Creative Commons
- 7.1. Neither the Licensor nor the User may use the Creative Commons
- logo except to indicate that the Work is licensed under a Creative
- Commons Licence. Any permitted use has to be in compliance with the
- Creative Commons trade mark usage guidelines at the time of use of the
- Creative Commons trade mark. These guidelines may be found on the
- Creative Commons website or be otherwise available upon request from
- time to time.
- 7.2. Creative Commons Corporation does not profit financially from its
- role in providing this Licence and will not investigate the claims of
- any Licensor or user of the Licence.
- 7.3. One of the conditions that Creative Commons Corporation requires
- of the Licensor and You is an acknowledgement of its limited role and
- agreement by all who use the Licence that the Corporation is not
- responsible to anyone for the statements and actions of You or the
- Licensor or anyone else attempting to use or using this Licence.
- 7.4. Creative Commons Corporation is not a party to this Licence, and
- makes no warranty whatsoever in connection to the Work or in connection
- to the Licence, and in all events is not liable for any loss or damage
- resulting from the Licensor's or Your reliance on this Licence or on
- its enforceability.
- 7.5. USE OF THIS LICENCE MEANS THAT YOU AND THE LICENSOR EACH ACCEPTS
- THESE CONDITIONS IN SECTION 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, 7.4 AND EACH ACKNOWLEDGES
- CREATIVE COMMONS CORPORATION'S VERY LIMITED ROLE AS A FACILITATOR OF
- THE LICENCE FROM THE LICENSOR TO YOU.
- Creative Commons is not a party to this Licence, and makes no warranty
- whatsoever in connection with the Work. Creative Commons will not be
- liable to You or any party on any legal theory for any damages
- whatsoever, including without limitation any general, special,
- incidental or consequential damages arising in connection to this
- licence. Notwithstanding the foregoing two (2) sentences, if Creative
- Commons has expressly identified itself as the Licensor hereunder, it
- shall have all rights and obligations of Licensor.
- Except for the limited purpose of indicating to the public that the
- Work is licensed under the CCPL, neither party will use the trademark
- "Creative Commons" or any related trademark or logo of Creative Commons
- without the prior written consent of Creative Commons. Any permitted
- use will be in compliance with Creative Commons' then-current trademark
- usage guidelines, as may be published on its website or otherwise made
- available upon request from time to time.
- Creative Commons may be contacted at http://creativecommons.org/.
Alioth's /usr/local/bin/git-commit-notice on
Pkg-perl-cvs-commits mailing list