This is an automated email from the git hooks/post-receive script.
dod pushed a commit to branch master
in repository libconfig-model-dpkg-perl.
Author: Dominique Dumont <d...@debian.org>
Date: Thu Mar 26 18:24:22 2015 +0100
cleaned up copyright test input file
.../pan-copyright-upgrade-update/debian/copyright | 43 +---------------------
1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 41 deletions(-)
index d3b6938..cf7f95f 100644
@@ -79,46 +79,7 @@ License: show-copyright
copyright messages are not removed, and no monies are exchanged.
Comment: This file is a derived work from files in libcompface package. This
is bundling compface.h and compface.c from libcompface and some more code.
- The original copyright and license statement was kept, including a
- non-dfsg statement: "as long as [...] no monies are exchanged". The
- problem posed by this statement has been raised in #72019
- The license issue has been clarified by James Ashton for libcompface
- package (See
- Since this file is derived work from libcompface, this statement also
- applies to this file.
- For completeness, here's the clarification mail:
- > From: James Ashton <james.ash...@syseng.anu.edu.au>
- > Subject: Re: libcompface license (again)
- > Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 09:32:23 +1100 (EST)
- > >Hi,
- > >I'm maintaining the debian pkg of your compface lib, and I've talket to you
- > >before about it's license. And now ouer legal people have found another
- > >problem. The sourcefiles contains a diffrent copyright notice than the
- > >redmefile. They say:
- > >
- > >> * Permission is given to distribute these sources, as long as the
- > >> * copyright messages are not removed, and no monies are exchanged.=20
- > >
- > >The problem is the last part "no monies are exchanged". As you probably=20
- > >know we do allow third party companies to produce debian CDs and sell them.
- > >So this statement would inmply that we can't have your libcompface in
- > debian
- > >at all.
- > I'm happy to remove the phrase no monies are exchanged' from the
- > source and allow distribution as per the README file. Do you need more
- > from me than just this email?
- > --
- > James Ashton VK1XJA System
- > http://wwwsyseng.anu.edu.au/~jaa Department of Systems
- > Voice +61 2 6125 8675 Research School of Information Sciences and
- > FAX +61 2 6125 8660 Australian National
- > Email james.ash...@anu.edu.au Canberra ACT 0200
+ yada yda
@@ -165,7 +126,7 @@ Files: uulib/crc32.c
Copyright: 1995-2005, Mark Adler
+Files: uulib/fptools.c uulib/fptools.h
Comment: No copyright owner is specified in the files. Only the license is
Alioth's /usr/local/bin/git-commit-notice on
Pkg-perl-cvs-commits mailing list