This is an automated email from the git hooks/post-receive script.
abe pushed a commit to branch master
in repository pkg-perl-tools.
Author: Axel Beckert <a...@deuxchevaux.org>
Date: Tue Jul 21 23:32:41 2015 +0200
alioth-repo: If origin already exists, check if it's the right one. Skip
creation if so.
debian/changelog | 21 ++++-----------------
scripts/alioth-repo | 17 +++++++++++------
2 files changed, 15 insertions(+), 23 deletions(-)
diff --git a/debian/changelog b/debian/changelog
index 21106cf..2d038b7 100644
@@ -1,20 +1,6 @@
pkg-perl-tools (0.21) UNRELEASED; urgency=medium
- - "dpt push" with notes still needs to be tested.
- - review 87ad5a7 (dpt-alioth-repo / remote "origin"):
- in its current form it means that dpt-alioth-repo always bails out on
- packages created with dh-make-perl which already sets the git remote
- "origin" to git.debian.org. - ideas:
- + revert commit. disadvantadge: leaves the confusing error when "git remote
- add" fails which was the reason for this change. (Note that the error is
- caught, only the message is confusing.)
- + revert and add some message ("don't worry about an error ...")
- + bail out only if a remote "origin" exists and does not point to git.d.o
- + bail out only if a remote "origin" exists and is not the remote we
- wanted to add.
- + if a remote "origin" exists, rename it and continue
- + something else :)
+ TODO: "dpt push" with notes still needs to be tested.
[ Salvatore Bonaccorso ]
* examples/b: Use buildpackage subcomand for gbp in case git directory
@@ -28,8 +14,9 @@ pkg-perl-tools (0.21) UNRELEASED; urgency=medium
[ Axel Beckert ]
* Also push git notes with "dpt push" for use with Niko Tyni's
git-debcherry variant (see #784159)
- * dpt-alioth-repo: Check if a remote named "origin" already exists
- before creating the remote repository.
+ * dpt-alioth-repo: Check if a remote named "origin" already exists and
+ if it's already the expected remote repository before creating a
+ remote repository named "origin".
* Use Gbp-Dch instead of Git-Dch in examples/mass-commit and
* Remove .mailmap stanza from debian/copyright. It's only needed in the
diff --git a/scripts/alioth-repo b/scripts/alioth-repo
index b0396cd..8d7045c 100755
@@ -49,14 +49,19 @@ fi
# Check if there is already a remote called "origin" before proceeding
if git remote | egrep -q '^origin$'; then
- echo 'A remote called "origin" already exists. Aborting.' 1>&2
- echo 'You may want to rename it with "git remote rename origin
- exit 1;
+ if git remote -v | egrep
+ echo 'A remote called "origin" already exists and looks like the right
+ echo 'Skipping creation and addition of the remote repository.' 1>&2
+ echo "A remote called \"origin\" already exists and doesn't look
right. Aborting." 1>&2
+ echo 'You may want to rename it with "git remote rename origin
+ exit 1;
+ ssh git.debian.org /git/pkg-perl/setup-repository $PKG \"Debian packaging
of $DIST CPAN distribution\"
+ git remote add origin ssh://git.debian.org/git/pkg-perl/packages/$PKG.git
|| [ $? = 128 ]
-ssh git.debian.org /git/pkg-perl/setup-repository $PKG \"Debian packaging of
$DIST CPAN distribution\"
-git remote add origin ssh://git.debian.org/git/pkg-perl/packages/$PKG.git || [
$? = 128 ]
git push --all origin --set-upstream
git push --tags origin
Alioth's /usr/local/bin/git-commit-notice on
Pkg-perl-cvs-commits mailing list