Am 18.11.2015 um 20:53 schrieb Michael Biebl:
> Am 15.11.2015 um 20:17 schrieb Felipe Sateler:
>> systemd-analyze is rather large. Perhaps there is scope for a
>> systemd-tools or something that covers things that will probably not
>> be needed on production containers (systemd-{analyze,cgls,cgtop,delta}).
> 
> I'm a bit torn on this. Those four tools are useful enough that I think
> we shouldn't split them out and they should always be available.
> 
> systemd-ctop, cgls and especially analyze are certainly huge for what
> they do. I wonder, why they are so big?

Some idea in that direction, I had a while ago, was to turn the private
libray from a noinst lib into a pkg private lib.
So we install a single copy of the private ABI instead of making every
binary link against it statically.

I would be interested how much disk space that would save.

Anyone interested to do some experiments here?

Michael

-- 
Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the
universe are pointed away from Earth?

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: OpenPGP digital signature

_______________________________________________
Pkg-systemd-maintainers mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/pkg-systemd-maintainers

Reply via email to