Your message dated Thu, 4 Dec 2014 00:57:21 +0100
with message-id <[email protected]>
and subject line Re: are you still experiencing the reported bug?
has caused the Debian Bug report #624483,
regarding upower: --monitor* fails to report anything on my iBook G4 (ppc)
to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact [email protected]
immediately.)


-- 
624483: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=624483
Debian Bug Tracking System
Contact [email protected] with problems
--- Begin Message ---
Package: upower
Version: 0.9.9-4
Severity: important

Hi,

xfce's power management now relies on upower to get updates on the
am-I-plugged status and the like, but apparently upower fails to
report such changes.

I tried running upower with --monitor or --monitor-detail, with root
privileges to make sure, but all I got was:
| Monitoring activity from the power daemon. Press Ctrl+C to cancel.

Plugging/unplugging the power cord doesn't appear to be noticed at
all.

Please let me know how I can help debug that.

Mraw,
KiBi.


-- System Information:
Debian Release: wheezy/sid
  APT prefers unstable
  APT policy: (500, 'unstable'), (101, 'experimental')
Architecture: powerpc (ppc)

Kernel: Linux 2.6.38-2-powerpc
Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash

Versions of packages upower depends on:
ii  dbus                          1.4.8-3    simple interprocess messaging syst
ii  libc6                         2.11.2-11  Embedded GNU C Library: Shared lib
ii  libdbus-1-3                   1.4.8-3    simple interprocess messaging syst
ii  libdbus-glib-1-2              0.92-1     simple interprocess messaging syst
ii  libglib2.0-0                  2.28.6-1   The GLib library of C routines
ii  libgudev-1.0-0                168-1      GObject-based wrapper library for 
ii  libimobiledevice1             1.0.6-2    Library for communicating with the
ii  libplist1                     1.4-1+b1   Library for handling Apple binary 
ii  libpolkit-gobject-1-0         0.101-4    PolicyKit Authorization API
ii  libupower-glib1               0.9.9-4    abstraction for power management -
ii  libusb-1.0-0                  2:1.0.8-2  userspace USB programming library
ii  pm-utils                      1.4.1-8    utilities and scripts for power ma
ii  udev                          168-1      /dev/ and hotplug management daemo

Versions of packages upower recommends:
ii  policykit-1                   0.101-4    framework for managing administrat

upower suggests no packages.

-- no debconf information



--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Tomas Pospisek <[email protected]> (2014-12-04):
> Yes, indeed. Please excuse my inaccuracy :-<. Here's the correct
> one:
> 
>   http://bugs.debian.org/624483

No worries. I still have this machine but I seldomly run anything on
it, so I'm not sure it's getting an upgrade any time soon. Closing
seems like the appropriate thing to do at this point. Thanks for
pinging old bug reports.

> Greets and thanks a lot for you many nice contributions to Debian
> Cyril!!!

You're very kind but I don't think I deserve so many '!'. ;)

Mraw,
KiBi.

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: Digital signature


--- End Message ---
_______________________________________________
Pkg-utopia-maintainers mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/pkg-utopia-maintainers

Reply via email to