ngraham requested changes to this revision.
ngraham added a comment.

  All the left labels in the formLayouts need to end with a colon, e.g.:

    Delay: [ 0]

  Don't use `onCheckStateChanged` or `onCheckedChanged` for checkboxes when you
want to handle user interaction;i t causes binding loops. Use `onToggled`
instead.

  Put whitespace between logical sections in the formlayout. For example
between the audible bell and visual bell sections. You can do this like so:

    Item {
        Kirigami.FormData.isSection: true
    }

  Change `QtQuick.Controls 2.12` to `QtQuick.Controls 2.11` everywhere; we
don't formally depends on Qt 5.12 yet.

INLINE COMMENTS

> ActivationGestures.qml:29
> +    QQC2.CheckBox {
> +        Kirigami.FormData.label: i18n("Activation Gestures")
> +        text: i18n("Use gestures for activating sticky keys and slow keys")

This section can be expressed more clearly and compactly as follows:

  Sticky and slow keys: [ ] Use gestures to activate
                        [ ] Disable after: [99 seconds ^v]

In fact, this section maybe should be moved to the Modifier Keys page, and then
we can remove the Activation Gestures page entirely.

> ActivationGestures.qml:30
> +        Kirigami.FormData.label: i18n("Activation Gestures")
> +        text: i18n("Use gestures for activating sticky keys and slow keys")
> +        checked: kcm.keyboardSettings.stickyKeys

Can be shortened to "Use gestures for activating sticky and slow keys"

> ActivationGestures.qml:50
> +    QQC2.CheckBox {
> +        Kirigami.FormData.label: i18n("Notification")
> +        text: i18n("Use the system bell whenever a gesture is used to toggle
> an accessibility feature")

This section doesn't have anything to do with activation gestures. Its
checkboxes might be better placed on other pages more relevant to their content.

> ActivationGestures.qml:69
> +    QQC2.Button {
> +        text: i18n("Configure Notifications")
> +        onClicked: kcm.configureKNotify();

add ellipsis and an icon (`preferences-desktop-notification`)

> ModifierKeys.qml:38
> +        enabled: !kcm.keyboardSettings.isImmutable("StickyKeysLatch") &&
> kcm.keyboardSettings.stickyKeys
> +        text: i18n("Lock sticky keys")
> +        checked: kcm.keyboardSettings.stickyKeysLatch

Can be shortened to just "Lock"

> ModifierKeys.qml:45
> +        enabled: !kcm.keyboardSettings.isImmutable("StickyKeysAutoOff") &&
> kcm.keyboardSettings.stickyKeys
> +        text: i18n("Turn off sticky keys when two keys are pressed
> continuously")
> +        checked: kcm.keyboardSettings.stickyKeysAutoOff

Can be shortened to "Disable when two keys are held down"

> ModifierKeys.qml:51
> +        enabled: !kcm.keyboardSettings.isImmutable("StickyKeysBeep") &&
> kcm.keyboardSettings.stickyKeys
> +        text: i18n("Use system bell whenever a modifier gets latched, locked
> or unlocked")
> +        checked: kcm.keyboardSettings.stickyKeysBeep

Can be shortened to "Use system bell when modifier keys are used" (I *think*
this is what the string is trying to  communicate; correct me if I'm wrong)

> ModifierKeys.qml:58
> +        Kirigami.FormData.label: i18n("Locking Keys")
> +        text: i18n("Use system bell whenever a locking key gets toggled")
> +        checked: kcm.keyboardSettings.toggleKeysBeep

Can be slightly shortened to "Use system bell when locking keys are toggled"

> ModifierKeys.qml:64
> +    QQC2.CheckBox {
> +        text: i18n("Show a notification for modifier or locking key state
> changes")
> +        checked: kcm.keyboardSettings.kNotifyModifiers

Can be shortened to "Show notification when modifier or locking keys are used"

> MouseNavigation.qml:31
> +        Kirigami.FormData.label:  i18n("Activation Gestures")
> +        text: i18n("Move pointer with keyboard (using the num pad)")
> +        checked: kcm.mouseSettings.mouseKeys

Change to "Enable using keyboard number pad to move cursor"

> MouseNavigation.qml:35
> +        enabled: !kcm.mouseSettings.isImmutable("MouseKeys")
> +    }
> +    QQC2.SpinBox {

Add spacing after this

> ScreenReader.qml:30
> +        Kirigami.FormData.label:  i18n("Screen Reader")
> +        text: i18n("enabled")
> +        checked: kcm.screenReaderSettings.enabled

In this case, just put the whole text in the checkbox:

  [ ] Enable screen reader
  [ Launch Orca Configuration...]

> ScreenReader.qml:36
> +    QQC2.Button {
> +        text: i18n("Launch Orca Configuration")
> +        onClicked: kcm.screenReaderSettings.launchOrcaConfiguration()

What's Orca? Isn't that a kind of whale? :p Make change the text to be
"Configure Orca Screen Reader..."

> ScreenReader.qml:37
> +        text: i18n("Launch Orca Configuration")
> +        onClicked: kcm.screenReaderSettings.launchOrcaConfiguration()
> +        enabled: !kcm.screenReaderSettings.isImmutable("Enabled")

If Orca isn't installed, clicking on this button does nothing. In this case, it
should be disabled with a message below it explaining why it's disabled.

> main.qml:37
> +        QQC2.ScrollView {
> +            id: bgObject
> +            Component.onCompleted: bgObject.background.visible = true

should be more descriptive, like `sidebarScrollView` or something

> main.qml:50
> +
> +                delegate: Kirigami.BasicListItem {
> +                    width: listView.width

needs to force focus to the scrollview when clicked: `onClicked:
listView.forceActiveFocus();`

> main.qml:53
> +                    icon: model.icon
> +                    label: i18n(model.title)
> +                }

title should already be translated; no need to put this in an `i18n()` call

> main.qml:77
> +            icon: "preferences-desktop-notification-bell"
> +            title: QT_TR_NOOP("Bell")

Shouldn't these be `i18n()` calls?

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

To: tcanabrava, ngraham
Cc: ognarb, mart, ngraham, plasma-devel, LeGast00n, The-Feren-OS-Dev, jraleigh,
fbampaloukas, GB_2, ragreen, ZrenBot, alexeymin, himcesjf, lesliezhai,
ali-mohamed, jensreuterberg, abetts, sebas, apol, ahiemstra