On 1/12/20 10:11 AM, Aleix Pol wrote:
The second part of this is why I'm sending this e-mail. We're
responding to global shortcuts on press rather than on release, which
makes it impossible to handle the long press. Would it make sense to
change it to on release? Maybe only in the cases where there's a long
press counterpart?

It might depend on what action the long-press is going to trigger. For long-press to show a mobile-friendly grid-based context menu, it might be nice to be able to long-press, slide your finger over to the item you want to select, then release it. In this case, the release would trigger the item under the finger, if any.

I continue to believe that long-click almost never makes sense when using a pointing device, though. :)

Nate