On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 6:55 PM Vlad Zahorodnii <vlad.zahorod...@kde.org> wrote:

> On 2/13/20 8:11 PM, David Edmundson wrote:
> > I'm also seeing a rising amount of pushing without review on the core
> > repos.  I would like for us all to (nicely) call that out if we see
> > any instances. Reviews are super important, the best time to fix a bug
> > is before it even happens. Even for small commits and "safe" commits.
>
> Yes, ideally each commit must be reviewed by somebody. But what if one
> doesn't get _any_ feedback from code reviewers for weeks or even worse
> for months? What one should in that case? Speaking for myself, I manage
> such cases by sending private messages asking to do a code review and I
> feel very bad after doing this because I know people whom I talk to are
> are busy with their own stuff and they don't really want to deal with
> "problems."
>
> I think we first need to understand why people are pushing without any
> code review. Is it just because of desperation? or is it just because of
> not caring?

There's a huge difference between pushing without a review being accepted
and pushing without going via phab.

Whilst your point is important, my comment was referring only to the latter.

No comments doesn't mean it's not been read. I know if I make a
mistake N people will comment, if I upload something that's fine the
same people don't say anything, but they must be reading it.

David