davidre edited subscribers, added: davidedmundson; removed: crossi.
davidre added a comment.

  Answering general comments first:

  In D28744#647378 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D28744#647378>, @ngraham wrote:

  > - When a shortcut is to launch an app, and that shortcut's name would be
identical to the app name, maybe we should automatically change it to "Launch
[app name]. Otherwise you get this following: F8234080:
Screenshot_20200413_094908.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F8234080>

  I think that's what the old kcm did. It changed the friendly name to "Launch
$app" which then would be saved if you changed the shortcut in the old kcm.
That's why there is currently a mixture between "$app" and "Launch $app"...
  But we can change displayed name here, too.

  > - I'm seeing some duplicate entries here, and some with missing icons that
aren't missing in the current version: F8234212: Screenshot_20200413_114058.png
<https://phabricator.kde.org/F8234212>

  The KDE Daemon ones are expected. They are different components with
different unique identifiers that set the same display name (Probably to force
the old kcm to merge them?). What I would like to happen is that we give them
each a fitting name and they seperate. They are different modules after all.
kcm_touchpad (the one with the touchpad icon) should call itself "Touchpad" for
example.
  Hmm I don't know about "Power Managment" wasn't their some fallout when d_ed
ported shortcuts for that but I may be remembering wrong. Do you have these
modules on dbus too or is it an error in the model? Try `qdbus --literal
org.kde.kglobalaccel /kglobalaccel org.kde.KGlobalAccel.allMainComponents` or
take a look in qdbusviewer
  Interested to hear which ones lost their icon compared to the old one.

  In D28744#647505 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D28744#647505>, @nicolasfella
wrote:

  > I always get two horizontal scrollbars, no matter the window size:
  >  F8234349: Screenshot_20200413_212457.png
<https://phabricator.kde.org/F8234349>

  Not sure what's going on here but I had to
  ColumnLayout{    height: root.availableHeight - Kirigami.Units.smallSpacing
to not get a vertical scrollbar. Probably `anchors.fill: parent`  works better.
I will change to that

  > The first Choqok shortcut is missing a name, not sure if that's an issue
here or in Choqok
  >  F8234357: Screenshot_20200413_212731.png
<https://phabricator.kde.org/F8234357>

  The action doesn't have a name
https://lxr.kde.org/source/extragear/network/choqok/choqok/mainwindow.cpp#0215
. But thanks for the reminder to have a fallback here

  In D28744#647507 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D28744#647507>, @nicolasfella
wrote:

  > When I open the KCM and type 'Krun' + Enter I find KRunner as expected, but
I still need to click on the KRunner item to actually see the shortcuts. When I
then type 'Yaku' + Enter Yakuake is shown correctly in the results, but
clicking on the entry does not show its shortcuts

  And the comment to always have something in the main view from @ngraham. I
had some problems with loading and when I update the rootIndex of the
DelegateModel that causes the issue you are seeing above and prevented me from
having for example the first element selected when the kcm is openend. I will
look into how I can make it better.

INLINE COMMENTS

> kcm_keys.desktop:2
>  [Desktop Entry]
> -Exec=kcmshell5 keys
> +Exec=kcmshell5 kcm_keys
>  Icon=preferences-desktop-keyboard-shortcut

From reading
https://api.kde.org/frameworks/kdeclarative/html/classKQuickAddons_1_1ConfigModule.html
 I thought it had to be kcm_$(something) but I'm not sure now.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

To: davidre, #vdg, #plasma
Cc: davidedmundson, nicolasfella, ngraham, iasensio, plasma-devel, Orage,
LeGast00n, The-Feren-OS-Dev, cblack, jraleigh, zachus, fbampaloukas, ragreen,
ZrenBot, himcesjf, lesliezhai, ali-mohamed, jensreuterberg, abetts, sebas,
apol, ahiemstra, mart, crossi