ngraham added a comment.

  In D28873#653148 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D28873#653148>, @cblack wrote:

  > IMO, the affordances of a traditional tab style hint at tabs being
editable. This is fairly established: Chrome uses the traditional tab style for
its user-manipulatable tabs, while using a different style for
non-manipulatable tabs. Firefox does the same, as well as Falkon. elementary on
a platform level uses traditional tabs for manipulatable tabs and a different
style for static tabs. macOS does the same thing. Using editable-style tabs
when the tabs are non-editable is a misleading affordance, hence why this patch
doesn't use them.

  I feel like this needs discussion rather than being presented as a truism. We
use tabbed views for non-editable views all over the place throughout KDE
software and to be honest I don't see a problem with it. If we're going to
declare this to be a bad thing and move towards changing it, we need to first
start that discussion, agree on it, and agree on a solution.

  Would you like to open the Phab patch for this?

REPOSITORY
  R169 Kirigami

To: cblack, #kirigami, #vdg, ngraham
Cc: ngraham, niccolove, mart, ndavis, camiloh, plasma-devel, fbampaloukas,
GB_2, domson, dkardarakos, apol, ahiemstra, davidedmundson