ngraham added a comment.

  In D29501#667413 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D29501#667413>, @ndavis wrote:

  > I agree with the size chosen if we are doing a vertical panel since that
size allows app icons to be 48px and makes the systray more compact by using 2
columns. However, I can't think of any way to justify this change in a way that
I find satisfactory. There's no clear improvement over using a horizontal
panel, just tradeoffs.

  The advantage of moving the panel to the left is that it's actually feasible
to raise the thickness to the proposed size. With a horizontal panel, the
proposed size is way too thick, especially for people with low resolution
screens (since the panel height doesn't scale at all with anything). So the
left panel is the only way to use this thickness by default IMO.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

To: ngraham, #vdg, #plasma, filipf
Cc: ndavis, niccolove, felixernst, davidedmundson, ahiemstra, broulik, filipf,
plasma-devel, Orage, LeGast00n, The-Feren-OS-Dev, cblack, jraleigh, zachus,
fbampaloukas, ragreen, ZrenBot, ngraham, himcesjf, lesliezhai, ali-mohamed,
jensreuterberg, abetts, sebas, apol, mart