On Wednesday, March 13, 2024 11:49:45 PM CET Nate Graham wrote:
> On 3/11/24 10:31, Nicolas Fella wrote:
> > ## 6.1 release planning
> >
> > Idea: Keep the megarelese?
>
> I think there's something to it. Releasing everything at once was good
> for branding and user perception, and it seems for distros too.

Agree and after talking with some journalists they told me it is also easier
for them to write an article about the megarelease as it contains more content
and it's less frequent. It's also less work for me and the promo team to work
on one announcement every 4 months than having alterning a gear and a plasma
release every 2 months.

> One thing I'd like to change is to further unify the release schedules.
> Plasma's fibonacci bugfix releases have ensured we didn't need to tell
> distros to urgently patch a ton of things because the next bugfix
> release was less than a week away, but Frameworks and Gear's longer
> release cycles didn't have that luxury. I'd like to see that kind of
> bugfix schedule at least extended to Gear.

+1 the first minor release for gear is today and we already had two bugfixes
release for Plasma.

Carl