Am 21.12.2011 11:20, schrieb Aaron J. Seigo:
hi :)

some of you will have noticed that there is now a KDE/4.8 branch in the modules. i would like to request that all fixes happen in the KDE/4.8 branch
and then:

* if kde-workspace, cherry-pick into master
* otherwise, merge origin/KDE/4.8 into master

if the merge fails, then you can resort to cherry-picking ...
as long as scripty is not active for master, I would suggest that we go for merging from origin/KDE/4.8 to master as well.

Also I would suggest to never cherry-pick. If a merge fails it might be better to ping someone with more git experience to resolve it. Cherry-picking will just make it more difficult to merge in future.

Cheers
Martin