On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 12:52 PM, Aaron J. Seigo <ase...@kde.org> wrote:
> On Thursday, June 14, 2012 13:15:34 Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
>> You misread the Quality Team mail: we are asking for the LCD Weather
>> Station Applet to be fixed for 4.9 or removed.
>
> i misread nothing. the request for it to be removed is denied.
>
> if you consider for a moment what this would do to people's otherwise working
> installations, not to mention what it would mean for future incentive to fix
> it, the reason for this should become evident.
>

> p.s. i'm very happy that we have a more active Q/A team. i am not happy with
> how it is sometimes handling issues. there was a commit reverted the other day
> without checking with the original commiter nor the maintainer of the applet
> or module which should never have been reverted. fortunately i was on irc and
> watching commits that day. now we have a "no, remove it" statement which does
> not fit the way we develop in plasma, which is:
>
> * as a team
> * with communication
>

> i'm sure the QA team can improve over time so that we can all work together
> better. thanks ...

For communication between two teams to get better both teams need to improve.

Plasma does not communicate as well as you imply, speaking as a person
who is trying to get involved in Plasma and help fix things, there is
so much resistance. Reviews are slow, replies on maliing lists (such
as this one) can be very condescending instantly blaming an entire
team for a lack of communication and most ML threads seem to derail
into arguments.

Have you discussed the weather LCD applet with the team before denying
the request. I've not seen anything? Either you haven't, and have just
decided on behalf of your entire team which isn't a good example of
communication, or there's a communication channel which doesn't
include me...which again isn't a good example of good inclusive
communication.

The real reason this happened this sort of things happens is because
Plasma does not have an attitude of everyone doing reviews. Everyone
will just follow the example set by everyone else. It's the perfect
way of increasing communication between everyone so we all know what's
going on. Especially once we've entered such a beta phase.

David Edmundson