On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 7:58 PM, Aleix Pol <aleix...@kde.org> wrote:

> n Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 7:01 PM, Marco Martin <notm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday 25 March 2014, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
>> > Good day Plasma
>> >
>> > There is a Technology demonstration release 2 due next week according
>> > to http://community.kde.org/Plasma/Next#Time_Based_Goals .  Sebas is
>> > away and has asked that I help out with release management.  Would
>> > that be welcomed?
>>
>> +100 :)
>>
>> > What needs released?  Seems to be Comme Font (was Oxygen Font,
>> > annoyingly I can't get it to compile without FontForge segfaulting),
>> > kde-runtime and kde-workspace.  Except kde-runtime and kde-workspace
>> > are being split up, is there any plan written down for what happening
>> > to them?
>>
>> iirc Aleix had plans on doing the split for end week?
>>
> Yes, kde-workspace should happen this week. kde-runtime I would say next
> but that's not part of the release I think.
>

>> > Am I right in thinking that kde-runtime should be co-installable with
>> > the equivalent from kdelibs4 land?  This probably needs quite a lot of
>> > bits renaming. (I've started on kglobalaccel
>> > https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/116956/).
>>
>> i *think* so, can anybody else confirm?
>>
> kde-runtime probably should be yes. I would suggest to do this work after
> the split. It will be more clear what goes where.
>

>> > Am I right in thinking that kde-workspace doesn't need to be
>> > coinstallable with kdelibs4 equivalent?
>>

>> kde-workspace definitely doesn't need to.
>>
>> --
>> Marco Martin
>>

> Aleix

Alright, then it is. I thought that it wasn't given the lack of attention
it has received.

Either way, we're still moving things out of kde-runtime to frameworks,
then we'll split the directories wherever it has to go.

I would suggest you to use the dependency-data-kf5-qt5 from
kde-build-metadata. There we're documenting what depends on what entirely.
I'm unsure whether it's part of the packaging and distribution process yet.

Aleix