jgrulich created this revision.
jgrulich added reviewers: hein, Plasma.
jgrulich set the repository for this revision to rPLASMADESKTOP Plasma Desktop.

REVISION SUMMARY
  In Fedora 25 there have been many improvements regarding dual graphics
support and they recently added an option to Gnome to launch the application
using a dicrete graphics card, by just overriding DRI_PRIME environment
variable, see http://www.hadess.net/2016/10/dual-gpu-integration-in-gnome.html.
This option is available based on simple dbus service implemented here
https://github.com/hadess/switcheroo-control/ providing just a single property
whether the user has dual GPU. This dbus thingie is enabled in Fedora 25 by
default. This patch tries to add this option the same way as Gnome does. I'm
just not sure about using qputenv(), but I couldn't find a better way as using
QProcess, which allows to set environment variables, won't have that nice mouse
effect of opening application, at least I think it won't.

REPOSITORY
  rPLASMADESKTOP Plasma Desktop

AFFECTED FILES
  applets/kicker/plugin/actionlist.cpp
  applets/kicker/plugin/actionlist.h
  applets/kicker/plugin/appentry.cpp
  applets/kicker/plugin/recentusagemodel.cpp
  applets/kicker/plugin/runnermatchesmodel.cpp

EMAIL PREFERENCES

To: jgrulich, hein, #plasma
Cc: plasma-devel, lesliezhai, ali-mohamed, jensreuterberg, abetts, sebas