guoyunhe marked 2 inline comments as done.
guoyunhe added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> broulik wrote in main.qml:213
> Is it possible to re-use the currentImage instead of creating yet another
> `Image` item? I know with `ShaderEffect` you can do `hideSource: false` but I
> don't see this in `GaussianBlur` :/

If we re-use currentImage, the image must be scaled up. It results in much
lower blur quality. So I think a new Image item is still necessary.

Later I found if only provide one blur, when slideshow switching, the image and
background doesn't change at the same time. So I have to use two blur, one for
imageA, one for imageB. Though blur rendering is still a little lag on low end
hardware, but much better than before.

> broulik wrote in main.qml:226
> You might want to set the source to `null` when it's disabled otherwise we
> end up blurring (even when disabled):
>
>   source: wallpaper.configuration.Blur ? blurBackgroundSource : null

Yes, it is good to disable blurring when not using this option. But if I add
this line, blur will not be rendered. I cannot figure out the reason for the
moment.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

To: guoyunhe, #plasma_workspaces
Cc: broulik, plasma-devel, ZrenBot, progwolff, lesliezhai, ali-mohamed,
jensreuterberg, abetts, sebas, apol, mart, lukas