Am 2017-08-09 14:00, schrieb Hartmut Goebel:
Hi,

I'm trying to build kscreenlocker and the whole plasma desktop for
GuixSD. GuixSD does not use systemd but shepherd.

Now when building kscreenlocker I get this message:

-- The following RUNTIME packages have not been found:

 * loginctl , Send control commands to the login manager ,
<https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/loginctl.html>
   Needed for emergency unlock in case that the greeter is broken. In
case your distribution does not provide loginctl please contact
plasma-devel@kde.org to discuss alternatives.

This sounds like loginctl being an requirement. Is it a requirement or
just an option? If it's an option, how can I get rid of this warning and
actively disable this feature?

As it says this is needed for emergency unlocking in case the lock screen breaks. If you neither have loginctl nor consolekit2 the emergency unlocking feature is not available.

The warning at compile time cannot be disabled.

Cheers
Martin