Am 2017-11-07 18:27, schrieb Sebastian Kügler:
On maandag 6 november 2017 16:54:26 CET Martin Flöser wrote:
Hi all,

I am currently working on screen rotation on Wayland. Unfortunately my
systems do not support vertical rotation (rotate by 90 or 270
degrees). Thus I do not know whether my code works or what needs
fixing.

I need someone who has a system which supports vertical screens to
test my code and report back what works and what doesn't. Perfect
would be to be willing to test patches or even try some patches.

If you know someone with such a setup who might not read this mail:
please poke them. All required code is in current KWin master. The
rotation can be selected through KScreen KCM.

Please note that the system requires atomic modesetting support. This
might need to be activated in the kernel. For example in Ubuntu 16.04
with Intel driver it is not activated out of the box, on Debian
testing it is.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Martin

upside down works, 90 and 270 do nothing on my system.

Debian Unstable
Linux manta 4.13.0-1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.13.4-1 (2017-10-01) x86_64
GNU/ Linux

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation HD Graphics 620
(rev 02)

I think above satisfies the requirements for AMS? Anything I can test?

What about XRandr? Does XRandR support 90 or 270 on your system?

Cheers
Martin