jtamate added a comment.

  In D10342#204465 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D10342#204465>, @jtamate wrote:
  > In https://phabricator.kde.org/D9840 I noticed a high i/o and cpu usage
  >  when using the vivaldi browser, opening 10 tabs just caused a 40% cpu
  >  usage. Now, opening 10 tabs or more is bellow the 0.03%.
  I know now why it is calling windowUrlFromMetadata.
  Because unlike firefox and chromium, with sub processes using the same
executable but with parameters, the vivaldi sub processes are called
vivaldi-bin, and there is no .desktop file for that executable name. As soon as
I've manually created a .desktop file for vivaldi-bin, plasmashell cpu became
normal without the patch. With the patch, there is no need for the .desktop

  R120 Plasma Workspace

To: jtamate, #plasma_workspaces
Cc: broulik, plasma-devel, ZrenBot, progwolff, lesliezhai, ali-mohamed,
jensreuterberg, abetts, sebas, apol, mart