romangg added a comment.

  Well we need to stop exporting the QT_QPA_PLATFORM value in startup script in
any case, right? Or when we depend on Qt 5.11 and then set it to "wayland;x11"
does it not break apps depending on Qt 5.y, y<11? So the question is just if we
want to wait till we depend on 5.11 with this removal or do it now (and using
the helper function proposed in this diff instead).

  Putting this helper function into some framework is unnecessary though, that
I can see now.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

BRANCH
  platform-detection

To: graesslin, #plasma, romangg
Cc: davidedmundson, romangg, broulik, plasma-devel, ZrenBot, lesliezhai,
ali-mohamed, jensreuterberg, abetts, sebas, apol, mart