davidedmundson added a comment.

  We're going to see this again for lockscreen, logout, osd, previews,
runcommand and the 3 kwin bits.

  Is it still the long term plan for lnfs to have these?
  It's fine if that's purely backwards compatibility, but it's a whole
different story to have a plan where things come from two sources in two
different ways.

  There seems to be two perfectly viable long term strategies we're looking at:

  - We use LnFs everywhere and filter everywhere (what we were doing for splash)
  - We have separate packages for all the different parts (what this patch is
going towards) and the goal is to make lnfs a true package of packages.

  I'm happy with either.

  > but that becomes quite a fragile heuristic

  The current state is that splash screens on the store appear on the look and
feel screen. Developers need to explicitly make a change to work with the new
system to avoid that. If it's a "breaking change" anyway, we still have all our
options open right now.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

To: mart, #plasma
Cc: davidedmundson, plasma-devel, ragreen, Pitel, ZrenBot, lesliezhai,
ali-mohamed, jensreuterberg, abetts, sebas, apol, mart