zzag added a comment.

  In D11533#243257 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11533#243257>,
@hpereiradacosta wrote:

  > Hi Vlad,

  Hi! :)

  > Second: I agree that the current code is bug prone, but your foreseen
change is not satisfactory either.
  >  The idea with the current code was to try create the shadows only "once"
and if it fails for some reason, leave it failed for all widgets for which it
is requested.
  >  In your modified code however, if the creation of shadowtiles fails once,
it keeps being called over and over again for each new widget.
  >  I think this should be avoided.

  I've tried to preserve old behavior. The current code is always trying to
create shadows.

  > One solution is possibly to call shadowTiles once and only once, in
breezeStyle::loadConfiguration, and just test whether it is valid whenever
used.
  >  what do you think ?

  Yes, that's a good idea. How about calling `shadowTiles` in
`ShadowHelper::reset()`?

REPOSITORY
  R31 Breeze

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D11533

To: zzag, #breeze, hpereiradacosta
Cc: plasma-devel, ragreen, Pitel, ZrenBot, lesliezhai, ali-mohamed,
jensreuterberg, abetts, sebas, apol, mart