davidedmundson added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> mart wrote in main.qml:60
> the onCountChanged connection thinghie it's an hack that serves at startup:
> we don't have a signal from listview "i'm done populating" which happens way
> after component.oncompleted, so the only way we have is when the list gets
> populated, which also means that its contents grow in size.
>
> *probably* i can remove onCurrentIndexChanged

You shouldn't have told me that :)

I have one consistent rule about working round Qt bugs, it needs an upstream
report and a link in the code.

-----

but in any case, your comment doesn't explain why we need:
 view.positionViewAtIndex(grid.currentIndex, GridView.Visible)

If we've just changed the index, we'll run onCurrentIndexChanged which does
it's own view.positionViewAt()  .

Unless we need to position the view even when we don't change the index?

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

To: mart, #plasma, #vdg
Cc: davidedmundson, plasma-devel, ragreen, Pitel, ZrenBot, lesliezhai,
ali-mohamed, jensreuterberg, abetts, sebas, apol, mart