grmat added a comment.

  In D14068#332672 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D14068#332672>, @davidedmundson
wrote:

  > what happens to users on older versions?

  It breaks, as redshift <1.12 will exit with "invalid option -- 'P'".

  I initially just thought of this as packaging responsibility, however, users
might install those applets independently from distribution's packages.

  It would be possible to make a runtime check, look for the version no. with
`redshift -V` and add the -P switch dynamically. However, I'm not familiar with
QML or where this call would be added. I thought of something like

    property string redshiftCompat: getInstalledRedshiftVersion().split(' ')[1]
    property string redshiftOneTimeCommand: 'redshift -O ' + redshiftCompat +

  R885 Redshift Control for Plasma

To: grmat, #plasma, romangg, martinkostolny
Cc: davidedmundson, ngraham, plasma-devel, ragreen, Pitel, ZrenBot, lesliezhai,
ali-mohamed, jensreuterberg, abetts, sebas, apol, mart