drosca added a comment.

  In D16082#356099 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16082#356099>, @thsurrel wrote:

  > So, it seems that pulseaudio can not tell the difference what we are
plugging in the jack connector on a laptop, but I guess it must be the same
behavior with computers that get a sink change when switching from internal
speaker to external ?

  What do you mean with "sink change"? Do you mean that plugging in something
in jack will trigger adding new sink (device) to Pulseaudio? That will only be
the case for USB headphones, but for jacks it will always just switch port.

REPOSITORY
  R115 Plasma Audio Volume Applet

To: thsurrel, #plasma, #vdg, drosca
Cc: ngraham, broulik, nicolasfella, plasma-devel, ragreen, Pitel, ZrenBot,
lesliezhai, ali-mohamed, jensreuterberg, abetts, sebas, apol, mart