---- On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 04:47:39 -0700 Roman Gilg <subd...@gmail.com> wrote
----
 > From a user-facing standpoint there is not much change. Certain
 > display property a user manipulates manually via the KCM are now per
 > default persistent over all possible configurations of displays (i.e.
 > which displays are connected) he might change to in the future.
 >
 > It is assumed this is what most users want for following (per-)display
 > properties:
 > * resolution
 > * scale factor
 > * rotation
 > * refresh rate.

Thanks Roman. For those properties, I can see quite a few cases where a user
would want per-display configuration, most of them relating to laptops plugged
into external screens or projectors. Those external screens will typically
differ in their resolution, optimal scale factor, and refresh rate from both
the laptop screen as well as other external screens that the laptops could use.
How would this proposal handle those cases, or are they unaffected or even
improved? Or am I misunderstanding the proposal?

 > In certain rare scenarios user might be interested in saving
 > properties for one specific configuration only though. Changing the
 > retention value from the KCM allows that. Also this can be used as a
 > fallback to current behavior. It is assumed though that only very few
 > users if at all choose to do that.

So this new feature would require users to manually mark their display
configurations as needing to be remembered?

Nate