ndavis added a comment.

  In D19148#417251 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D19148#417251>, @zzag wrote:

  > Well, I guess that depends on the light. After all we don't try to model
"physically correct" shadows.

  > Anyway, I've asked that question about opacity because most folks do the
same thing. Also, this is what I did in kstyle. Even though kstyle and
kdecoration shadows look different, I'd like to have the same "model" behind
them. In general, I like the idea of decreasing shadow sizes to more saner
values, but I'm not quite sure about new opacity values.

  > My thinking behind increasing opacity values was to keep darkness at some
"constant" level, e.g. if you increase the blur radius, the darkness will be
spreaded more, so to compensate that the opacity is increased.

  But then we run into a problem where small shadows aren't visible enough to
serve their purpose. How about we just get rid of different opacity for
different shadows and let the user control that with strength? Then we set the
default strength to a value that we think is appropriate for the default shadow
size.

REPOSITORY
  R31 Breeze

BRANCH
  shadow-sizes (branched from master)

To: ndavis, #vdg, #breeze, ngraham
Cc: filipf, ngraham, zzag, rooty, plasma-devel, jraleigh, GB_2, ragreen, Pitel,
ZrenBot, lesliezhai, ali-mohamed, jensreuterberg, abetts, sebas, apol, mart