sitter created this revision.
sitter added a reviewer: Plasma.
Herald added a project: Plasma.
sitter requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  the basic OS info is decided at compile time, on top of that
  influences whether lsbrelease and osrelease are even run, and also
  acts as seed value for some other members.
  this resulted in tests failing on freebsd because it would detect freebsd
  as build platform and then skip all the advanced lookup tech and having
  unexpected values.

  fetchOSBasicInformation is now a dangling static and used to determine
  the default constructed config value of the operating system.
  this is now also forced to read Linux for the tests.

  I've also changed all the QLatin1Strings in the function to QStringLiteral.
  as I recall QL1S is only faster when not turning the object into a
  full QString, so these values shouldn't be QL1S.

TEST PLAN
  tests pass on linux still (and hopefully freebsd CI too)

REPOSITORY
  R871 DrKonqi

BRANCH
  sitter/fetchosbasic

AFFECTED FILES
  src/systeminformation.cpp
  src/systeminformation.h
  src/tests/systeminformationtest.cpp

To: sitter, #plasma
Cc: plasma-devel, LeGast00n, jraleigh, fbampaloukas, GB_2, ragreen, Pitel,
ZrenBot, himcesjf, lesliezhai, ali-mohamed, jensreuterberg, abetts, sebas,
apol, mart