Hi Mickael,

Multi-workspace idea was already considered a few years ago and there is a
branch which contains the work that happened so far:
http://git.eclipse.org/c/platform/eclipse.platform.resources.git/log/?h=v20100504_MultiWorkspace.
It was created when Eclipse was still on CVS and it is now about 8 years
behind the current master branch, but it should give you a general overview
in what direction the solution was heading.

Best regards,
Szymon