Thomas,

You could use the following approach so that you have an IDE with *all *the projects in the platform SDK automatically created.  You can use this simple link to get started:

https://www.eclipse.org/setups/installer/?url=https://git.eclipse.org/c/oomph/org.eclipse.oomph.git/plain/setups/interim/PlatformSDKConfiguration.setup&show=true

Or, if you want more detailed documentation for how that works, there is this:

https://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse_Platform_SDK_Provisioning

Of course this is overkill for your specific question because you only need SWT: