On Friday, February 18, 2022, Andrey Loskutov <losku...@gmx.de> wrote:
>> And it's important that we understand that in the way we interact with
consumers, and also in the way we plan to future of the project.

> You don't see that you contradict youself?
> According to this, we  seem to plan to "auto close" the future of the
project.

I don't contradict myself, you just fail at reading me correctly (or I fail
at explaining my thoughts correctly).
Closing bugs is actually more likely to help project focusing on its
preseny and future than keeping tons of probably outdated or irrelevant
bugs open with a dead silence around them. It does force some triaging or
contributiin actions from stakeholders that are otherwise just forgetting
about this issue. It does boost community activity. Reopened bugs usually
start discussions that wouldn't have happened without an auto-close... it's
probably more helpful to boost bugzilla discussions that all committer
efforts united.

Only arguments against it are just emotions (I don't want this email, I'm
annoyed people don't care enough abou my issue...) but there is no solid
data points to consolidate not closing is helpfulto the project and
community IMO, while I see tons of auto-closed bugs that turned into a
happy end.

--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse IDE <https://www.eclipse.org/eclipseide> developer, for Red Hat