On Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 1:05 PM Aleksandar Kurtakov <akurt...@redhat.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 12:07 PM <jkubitz-ecli...@gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> cucumber is also honest about what to expect from a bug:
>> "Please bear in mind that this project is almost entirely developed by
>> volunteers. If you do not provide the implementation yourself (or pay
>> someone to do it for you), the bug might never get fixed. If it is a
>> serious bug, other people than you might care enough to provide a fix."
>> https://github.com/cucumber/cucumber-jvm
>>

>> I would appreciate to see such honesty in eclipse too.
>>

> This is smth we can all do. E.g.
> https://github.com/eclipse-platform/eclipse.platform.swt/pull/13 should
> do it for SWT. I agree with you that we need this honesty too.
>

>> +1 for a common "eclipse IDE" tracker
>>
>> +1 for JIRA as bugtracker (like https://bugs.openjdk.java.net)
>>

> We use infrastructure that is supported by Eclipse Foundation so if/when
> that's an option we can discuss/vote among ourselves whether to use GH
> issues or hypothetical Jira instance.
>

>> +1 for pinnning repos
>>

> I'll open a helpdesk about that as I don't seem to have permissions to pin
> them.

So we can't get the permission to pin repos but we can request which repos
to be pinned (https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/issues/1098).
I would personally wait for current discussions and actions calm down in
order to not lose infrastructure team time with pin this, unpin that while
we settle for project structure.

--
Aleksandar Kurtakov
Red Hat Eclipse Team