From: platform-dev <platform-dev-boun...@eclipse.org> on behalf of Mattie
Nejati <mahtab.nej...@uwaterloo.ca>
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2022 2:56 PM
To: platform-dev@eclipse.org <platform-dev@eclipse.org>
Subject: [platform-dev] Code Review of Build File Changes

Hi Developers,

I’m Mattie, a Ph.D. student at the University of Waterloo and I’ve been
studying the code review process of build files in Eclipse. For example, I’ve
found that changes to build files are 2 to 4 times less likely to be discussed
during code review than changes to source code or test files.

As the next step in our study, we are recruiting developers for a 30-minute
interview to help us shed light on:

1. How build changes are reviewed?

2. What are the challenges faced when reviewing build changes?

3. Why is build change review different?

Since the Eclipse review is featured in our analysis, we would appreciate it if
you consider participating as an interviewee. If you are interested, please
click the signup link below and follow the instructions. Once the study is
concluded, we will share our findings with the Eclipse community first.

Signup link: https://forms.gle/Yec6ZvCemNiLktwr5

Best,

Mattie