Dear All,

We are pleased to announce the Java 21 support for Eclipse 2023-09 (4.29).

The release notably includes the support of the following standard Java 21
features:

[21] JEP 440: Record Patterns

[21] JEP 441: Pattern Matching for switch

The release can be obtained through one of the following ways:

        1. Java 21 Marketplace entry :
https://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/java-21-support-eclipse-2023-09-429

        2. P2 update site :
https://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/4.29-P-builds/

        3. Additionally, the Java 21 support will be available on 4.29 from an
integration build soon [tracked via
https://github.com/eclipse-jdt/eclipse.jdt.core/issues/1396] - download from
https://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/.

The known issues and the preview features are retargeted to 4.30 timeframe or
to the next Java version as appropriate.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank everyone – the team,
contributors, bug reporters, early adopters, and one and all - involved in Java
21 support. Special mention to all who took care of non-Java 21 support related
activities to keep the master going forward,  which helped a section of team
focus and prioritize the Java 21 support work.

Thanks and Regards,

Manoj N Palat

Eclipse Java Development Tools (JDT)

IBM.