On Tue, Nov 28, 2023 at 12:07 PM Thomas Singer via platform-dev <
platform-dev@eclipse.org> wrote:

> Hi devs,
>
> Are there any plans to reducing code freeze periods in master? Maybe,
> for preparing releases it would be better to fork a release branch
> instead of locking the master?

Master is not locked for the release now. It's locked due to the amount of
things done to open the next stream.
There are no plans as for pretty much everyone releng is a "side" job. As
long as things are that way there could be no planning.
For any change to happen one should look into
https://github.com/eclipse-platform/eclipse.platform.releng.aggregator/issues/1557
- find an item and automate, remove the need for it, etc.
Alternatively, one comes with totally new releng procedures and prove that
driving a release in the new way is working solution.

P.S. What I can and do (there is just so much time I can afford) for each
release is try to automate/fix/etc. 2-3 lowest hanging things per each
release and repeat on the next cycle.

> --
> Best regards,
> Thomas Singer