Hi Carlos,

Sorry bother you for this old issue.

於 一,2011-01-03 於 20:49 +0000,Matthew Garrett 提到:
> It looks like this GUID is present in a surprisingly wide range of
> devices (eg, http://pastebin.com/8BY0Dg64 from a Vaio...), which means
> that it's probably not a safe assumption that reading from the EC will
> give us reasonable results. Do the Acer drivers definitely do that,
> rather than there being some SMI that returns the data?

The AMW0 in acer-wmi not just used by acer machines:

#define AMW0_GUID1              "67C3371D-95A3-4C37-BB61-DD47B491DAAB"

It was also included in Lenovo Ideapad S12 and Vaio machines' DSDT. For
Lenovo Ideapad, that will be better handle by ideapad-laptop driver.

Could we just direct add those model to the blacklist in acer-wmi
driver? or we direct check dmi in acer-wmi for only support Acer
machines that were included AMW0 in DSDT?

Appreciate if you can give any suggestion.

Thank's a lot!
Joey Lee