On 26.01.2015 22:14, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:

so we need to update run time kmod dependency as baggins updated only compile time dependency: http://git.pld-linux.org/?p=packages/kernel.git;a=commitdiff;h=2910a805af715417c35d6061f5b56f8362158e89

how this xz compressed modules is supposed to work in pld?

so appears kernel.spec already has "Requires: kmod >= 12-2" from earlier times. (our kmod.spec has --enable-xz from first submission, not clear which kmod version actually supports xz compressed modules)

but, kmod does not depend on xz at all runtime:
$ rpm -q kmod
kmod-19-1.i686
$ rpm -q kmod --requires|grep -c xz
0

kmod is known to build stuff statically, but there is no xz-static in BR of kmod.spec.

so... we're just playing on luck everybody have xz installed, or?

--
glen