Sent from my iPad

> On Nov 4, 2015, at 5:06 PM, Elan Ruusamäe <g...@pld-linux.org> wrote:
>
>> On 04.11.2015 00:22, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:
>> how do you disable rpm from fetching sources?
>> from build/parsePrep.c i see such macros, but defining them to %{nil} had no
>> effect.
>
> disabled like this for now:
>
> https://github.com/pld-linux/rpm/commit/d397adc8e576680239e4201a21015921c8566bf1

Ick but whatever floats your boat ...

... a final solution would involve choosing one (of at least three)
solutions implemented in rpm to "download" and committing
to a testing & support infrastructure.

There is nothing too surprising about an attempt to download
missing build elements that n 2015: look at any other installer
application on the planet.

And disabling -- even configurable -- is just brain dead avoidance
and denial instead of a properly engineered solution.

Just my $0.02 YMMV. PLD is still my favorite Linux distro because
there are still many signs of intelligence in PLD, unlike other Linux
carcasses.

73 de Jeff