On 2016-10-28 09:46, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:
On 2016-10-26 23:14, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:
On 19.10.2016 00:51, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:
proposition:
  drop nginx "-standard" suffix? in package and filenames

so, zero feedback on my dev changes. i'm going to merge this to master
in few days then.

I had not time to look into that, but if you push a package (before or
after the merge, doesn't matter to me) into th-test I'll try to test
it somewhere.

The general idea seems right. I am a bit afraid of the transition,
though.

there's no transition (by design),
you need to setup again using new package names. it will not upgrade
automatically due broken (deliberately) package deps

That is ok with me.

you can apply this patch to be just poldek -u nginx, but note the
configs are not migrated

I prefer the deliberately-broken deps approach.

i do not plan to add upgrade path. because then i would be blamed i did
it incomplete & wrong, etc.

makes sense :)

Jacek