On 9/6/18 11:59 AM, Jacek Konieczny wrote:
openssl upgrades are much more problematic.

openssl we have artificial dependency in pld because openssl library tended to change symbols(?), and those were not versioned. probably git blame to find detailed answer.

for example sslv3 drop would not be compatible, but it was enabled shortly back.
but that ssl deps

i think we can drop those "strict deps" in th. openssl releases are pretty stable upstream nowadays.

ps: in pld-ac i've removed such hard deps that are present in openssl<>openssh in pld-th

--
glen