Hi,

On 6 March 2012 03:00, Jon Stahl <jonst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just a random comment that as one of Martin + Nathan's beta-testers on
> this, I think this PLIP is one of the most exciting things to land in
> Plone recently (and that's saying a lot).
>
> This is where we finally surface all of the awesome power of Diazo for
> the "I just wanna get this done" themer, who has zero interest in
> wading into Plone's internals.  I also think it sets a standard for
> technically sane, user-friendly TTW editing of lots of Plone
> configuration/text files (e.g. Dexterity views) that will continue to
> have big payoffs for us in the near future.
>
> So, try it out with your designers/HTML/CSS folks, any UI feedback we
> can get now makes a HUGE difference.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. :)

I'd also like to add that I hope we can avoid letting perfect be the
enemy of good enough here.

I obviously believe this is a very important feature. It is not,
though, something every end user of Plone will use: it's
admin/integrator/designer/developer UI only.

If there are bugs or things that are actively confusing, let's fix
them. If there are things we think could look a bit prettier/more
consistent with the content management UI, let's try to fix them, but
let's not let that hold off a feature that could change the
approachability of Plone for integrators and designers who will never,
ever be comfortable changing a buildout.cfg and may not have
filesystem access or a local dev instance.

Martin