Giacomo Spettoli schreef op 15-04-14 15:32:

On 04/15/2014 12:50 PM, Johannes Raggam wrote:
> I just opened a ticket on the pypi issue tracker to add
> "Framework :: Plone :: 5.0" to the trove tags.
>
> https://sourceforge.net/p/pypi/support-requests/366/
>
> Looks like, Plone is the only project, which has version-specific trove
> tags. https://pypi.python.org/pypi?%3Aaction=list_classifiers
>
> Should we give up these version specific tags?

IMHO no one would really trust the classifiers list for knowing the plugin's compatibility. I normally take a look at the README (when I'm lucky) and to the code (when I'm not lucky).

When I am working on a package in the collective and wonder what it is supposed to be compatible with, I do look at the classifiers, so that I know with which Plone versions I should be testing any changes that I make. I like that. Of course they can be out of date, just like a remark in the readme can be out of date.

--
Maurits van Rees: http://maurits.vanrees.org/