What particular problem will be solved here? Your example
is just a 1:1 transformation from ZCML to Python. When I read "Grok"
then I associate simplification and auto-configuration (some magic
under the hood making my life easier). I am missing this here :-)

Andreas

Érico Andrei wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> I would like to present you collective.grok, a package bringing Grok
> and Martian to Generic Setup and i18n registrations in Plone.
>
> Right now the package is in version 1.0a2 (released on Pypi) and the
> code and issue tracker are available at GitHub
> (https://github.com/collective/collective.grok)
>
> So, a tipical zcml file to handle profiles registration like this:
>
> <configure xmlns="http://namespaces.zope.org/zope";
> xmlns:genericsetup="http://namespaces.zope.org/genericsetup";
> xmlns:i18n="http://namespaces.zope.org/i18n";
> i18n_domain="collective.person">
>
> <genericsetup:registerProfile name="default"
> title="collective.person: Install" directory="profiles/default"
> description="collective.person"
> provides="Products.GenericSetup.interfaces.EXTENSION"
> i18n:attributes="title; description" />
>
> <genericsetup:registerProfile name="uninstall" title="Uninstall
> collective.person" directory="profiles/uninstall"
> description="Uninstall collective.person"
> provides="Products.GenericSetup.interfaces.EXTENSION"
> i18n:attributes="title; description" />
>

> <genericsetup:importStep name="collective.person-upgrades"
> title="collective.person: Upgrades" description="Run available
> upgrades for this package."
> handler="collective.person.setuphandlers.run_upgrades">
> </genericsetup:importStep>
>
> <include package=".upgrades" />
>
> <genericsetup:importStep name="collective.person" title="Person
> Catalog Import Step" description=""
> handler="collective.person.exportimport.catalog.importPersonCatalog">

<depends name="toolset"/>
> </genericsetup:importStep>
>
> <genericsetup:exportStep name="collective.person" title="Person
> Catalog Export Step" description=""
> handler="collective.person.exportimport.catalog.exportPersonCatalog"
> />
>
> </configure>
>

> Would be replaced by functions and decorators in Python files:
>
> from collective.grok import gs
>
> gs.profile(name=u'default', title=u'collective.person: Install',
> description=u'collective.person', directory='profiles/default')
>
> # Uninstall Profile gs.profile(name=u'uninstall', title=u'Uninstall
> collective.person', description=u'collective.person',
> directory='profiles/uninstall')
>
> @gs.importstep(name=u'collective.person-upgrades',
> title='collective.person: Upgrades', description='Run available
> upgrades for this package.', dependencies=[]) def
> run_upgrades(context): pass
>
> @gs.importstep(name=u'collective.person', title='Person Catalog
> Import Step', description='', dependencies=['toolset', ]) def
> importPersonCatalog(context): pass
>

> @gs.exportstep(name=u'collective.person', title='Person Catalog
> Export Step', description='',) def exportPersonCatalog(context):
> pass
>

> In the near future, collective.grok is planned to  support also:
>
> * Portlets registration
>
> * Transmogrifier
>
> * Dexterity Behaviors (I'm not sure about this one, should be
> somewhere else...)
>

> best, Érico Andrei er...@simplesconsultoria.com.br
> <mailto:er...@simplesconsultoria.com.br> Simples Consultoria
> www.simplesconsultoria.com.br <http://www.simplesconsultoria.com.br>
> +551138982121 +551184443867

- --
ZOPYX Limited           | zopyx group
Charlottenstr. 37/1     | The full-service network for Zope & Plone
D-72070 Tübingen        | Produce & Publish
www.zopyx.com           | www.produce-and-publish.com