On 2006-11-21 21:58+0100 Werner Smekal wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I updated the wxwidgets driver (hopefully it makes the 5.7.0 release) a great
> deal. Most important I improved the antialized part of the driver. It is now
> about 4 times faster and not much slower than the non antialized code any
> more. The antialized code can now handle filled polygons and also resizing
> works now.
>
> You can test the antialized driver with
> ./x08c -dev wxwidgets -drvopt antialized=1,text=0

That antialiased result for all plot lines looks really good and renders
reasonably rapidly (~1 sec per page) even on my 600MHz (Ubuntu Dapper) box.

I also tested on my Debian stable box where I don't have libagg installed.
This new version of the device worked (except for the antialiasing which was
unavailable because of its dependendence on libagg) there as well.

Thanks, Werner, for this excellent work!

There is one minor glitch you might want to address; when you hit "q" to
quit out of the wxwidgets GUI, the rest of the pages (up to 7 of them for
this example) get rendered before the exit.  It would be better if that exit
occurred immediately.

It looks like this new version of the wxwidgets device will go into 5.7.1,
but OTOH, that is apparently going to be released this weekend.

package (plplot.org); the Yorick front-end to PLplot (yplot.sf.net); the
Loads of Linux Links project (loll.sf.net); and the Linux Brochure Project